Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My marketing journey begins...

In 2006, I joined an online community. For the first month, I sat back and observed. I looked for ways I could fit in. Then an opportunity popped up in front of me. I noticed someone needed help with an online project. I approached them and offered to take on a task for them. They accepted my offer. After helping various people in the online community for six months, I thought to myself, I think I am on to something here. In June of 2007, I officially hung my shingle as a virtual assistant.

I am having a great time being a virtual assistant. I have met some dedicated entrepreneurs. I love the work I do. I started this blog with the intent of sharing advice, tips and expertise with entrepreneurs. However, the purpose of this blog is now going to be about my thoughts, reactions or critiques of other resources related to being an entrepreneur, especially because I found some knowledgeable sources such as “The Savvy Entrepreneur” by Cristina Favreau. I started reading Cristina Favreau’s blog several months ago. Every time I read her blog, I am inspired to take action in my business. Her style appeals to me. Since I am new to being an online entrepreneur, I decided to hire her as my marketing coach. I have a clear goal. I know what I want to achieve. I need some guidance on the road to achieving my goal. Two weeks ago, I signed up for her marketing program “Get Clients Now.”

As soon as I received my “Get Clients Now” book by C.J. Hayden, I read the first three chapters. I printed out my two worksheets. I started looking at my business, analyzing my situation and mapping out a way to achieve my goal. Today was my first coaching session with Cristina. Here I am thinking I am prepared and ready for action. Wouldn’t you know, half way through, Cristina stumps me. I mean, made my thoughts come to a screeching halt. I actually had the Oprah Winfrey “ah-ha” moment. You can read about my “ah-ha” moment here: Don’t Give Yourself Away.

1 comment:

Cristina Favreau said...

Lara, it is an honor for me to be working with you in helping you achieve your goals.

I think we talk the same language, so that's why we get along so well!!

After just 2 sessions, I'm seeing your entire mindset shifting to one of success and confidence.

I can't wait to see all you accomplish and I'm so glad you've invited me to join you on your journey!