Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Small Business Resource: Online Collaboration

Having an online collaborative workspace is very beneficial to your small business. There are times when you are traveling and you need to access information. There are times when you want to share data with vendors. There are times when you want to brainstorm with clients. There are times when you want to set up tasks for your employees. An online collaborative workspace is the one stop resource for you to coordinate information you want to share with employees, clients and vendors.

I compared all the features, options, bells and whistles of over 25 online collaborative workspaces, including WebEx, HyperOffice, and Basecamp.

I chose CentralDesktop. It fit into my budget. I liked the user interface. It was the right size for my business.

I am in the start up phase of my business. CentralDesktop offers exactly the features I need, such as task list management, calendar, document sharing, database. Now, these are the buzz words of features for online collaborative workspaces. Every application will tell you they offer task list management, calendar, document sharing, etc. CentralDesktop appealed to me above the others because for the price, I got what some of the bigger name more expensive applications offered.

CentralDesktop is easy to use, sophisticated without being overwhelming, and customizable to suite my needs.

One of my favorite features is the ability to link within the pages of my workspace.

I can set up a task in my task list, inside the description of the task, I can set up a link to a document in my workspace. Now, I can click on the task then click on the link to take me right to the document I need to work on. I do not have to waste minutes searching for the document I want. Another feature on my list of favorites is a Firefox plug in. When I am surfing the web I might come across a web site with valuable information related to a project I have in CentralDesktop. All I have to do is click on the plug in on my Firefox tool bar and the web site link is saved in my workspace at CentralDesktop.

Even though my business is small at the moment, CentralDesktop is versatile enough to expand as my business grows. They have pricing plans to match your need. CentralDesktop also offers custom price plans.

I recommend you invest in an online collaborative workspace for your small business.
It will keep your business efficient.

No comments: