Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Isn't that the point of eating out?

My home cooking is nutritionally healthy. When I eat at a restaurant the high fat, high salt, etc is what makes the food delicious.

Americans may be running up the calorie count when dining out

Americans are eating out more and more: According to the National Restaurant Assn., 49% of every food dollar in the U.S. is now spent in restaurants, up from 25% in 1955.

If you figure that the average person needs 2,000 calories a day, it's sobering to learn that more than half that amount can easily be consumed in a restaurant breakfast alone. And don't forget sodium. The recommended daily limit is 2,400 milligrams a day (1,500 milligrams for those who are middle-aged, are in certain ethnic groups or have conditions such as high blood pressure). Many restaurant dishes contain more than you should have in a whole day.

They may also decide to provide meals lower in salt and saturated fat, he says, and trim calories wherever they can from items already on their menus.
 blog it

No comments: