Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fraud

I had the opportunity to work as a virtual assistant for a banker in Second Life. He claimed he was honest and legitimate. As an inside observer of some of the activities, the exchanges looked fraudulent at best. When the residents of Second Life pressured the banker out, I think it spoke volumes about financial institutions, stock exchanges, etc giving even a hint of impropriety. As honest as this banker tried to be, the way he handled certain situations left SL residents with a sour taste in their mouths. For me, the bottom line is, banks and stock exchanges in Second Life stole money from residents. I did not invest any of my L$. The customers I worked with were very savvy. They asked a lot of hard questions before investing. I am a supporter of Linden Labs staying out of resident to resident interactions. I am a supporter of people trying new things in SL or using SL for educational purposes. To this date, the banks and exchanges in SL have taken advantage of residents.
clipped from terranova.blogs.com

Sub-Prime Crisis in Second Life

I continue to hope that Linden Lab will let the exchanges run.  But what do you think? And which of the following predictions I have heard in the last 2 hours do you think will come true (my view in parens)?

  • Linden Lab will be blamed for acting precipitously, waiting too long, not telling anyone about the policy in advance, telling a "feted inner core" about the policy in advance, and not giving enough lead time,  being autocratic, and ignoring resident desires.  They will also be praised for giving plenty of lead time, acting quickly, being patient, being responsive to resident desires. (All of these will happen; most already have).
  •  blog it

    No comments: