Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Friday, January 11, 2008

Second Life changing Group IM

In all my years in real life, I have been the type of person to embrace change. Jump from the frying pan into the fire? Sure! Why not? The fire just might be better.
However, in my Second Life the frying pan is definitely safer than the fire. Every time Linden Labs "updates/upgrades" Second Life, I have to achieve a new level of comfort. I have to learn a new set of workarounds to the new set of bugs.
My Second Life has taught me the devil I know is safer than the devil I do not know.
clipped from www.massively.com


World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft
Peering inside: changes coming to SL's group IM interfaces

Starting from viewer 1.19.0 (as was planned, anyway) you would not receive IM messages from any group, unless you already had that group tab open. If the tab was open in your IM window, you'd get IMs as and when they came through - if it was closed, nothing. Group notices and voting proposals would come through normally, but to monitor a group's IMs you would need to open the tab for the group manually, and then leave the tab for that group open. If you logged out, you would need to open the tabs manually again when you logged in.

Why the change? Apparently all this was to essentially ease the load on group IM subscription/session management systems.

Whatever it is that we end up getting, it probably won't be half as interesting as the process.

 blog it

No comments: