Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Virtual Skills = Real Skills

I hope the use of the word "virtual" here is not meant to imply less value or inferior to "real" life skills. The social skills, work ethics and friendships are very real in a virtual world.

The Data Digger
Brining you the information you need.

Raising Virtual Children

These are places of learning. This student is learning to look for symptoms; earlier in the article, she was flipping burgers to make money for a scooter. She needed 50 bucks so she could buy a scooter. This is a place of learning, learning virtual social skills, virtual work ethics, and making virtual friends. This is all stuff you and I do not understand, but to these students, this generation., this is their playground
 blog it

No comments: