Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Friday, March 21, 2008

Daniel Pink's new book

Career Advice from a Comic Book? Meet Johnny Bunko

Johnny_bunko
I just received my copy of Dan Pink's new book (thank you, Dan), The Adventures of Johnny Bunko - The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need, and I am already writing about it. Dan and I corresponded about manga at the time he went to Japan months ago. The impact of a comic book that teaches lessons applicable to business did not hit me until now that I have the book in my hands.

Bunko is an office jockey at Boggs Corp., a bumbling Everyman trapped
in a job he loathes, wondering how he got there. Enter a supernatural
career adviser, Diana, who emerges from Bunko's chopsticks late one
soulless night at the office. She is sarcastic, tough, and wise and reveals to Johnny the six essential lessons for thriving in the new world or work.

Readers will be asked to send in photos of the Johnny Bunkos in their
offices, suggestions for the seventh lesson, and narration to accompany
drawings.
 blog it

No comments: