Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Friday, March 7, 2008

Embracing email inbox

If you can't beat it...enjoy it
clipped from www.shinyshiny.tv

No need to escape the inbox: my emails make me better

IMAGE_048.jpgEscaping your inbox is big news these days. The BBC has been writing about getting ahead of email and not letting it put you under extreme pressure by investing in spam filters, targetting emails, organising your inbox and getting email training. This after Susi attempted using distraction-free Zenware, and efficiency experts advised workers to take an email-free day.

I, on the other hand, completely love my inbox. Yes, it frustrates me when I receive misdirected emails and spam and, having sent out a response source here and there, I get a lot of irrelevant press releases. Of course I feel the pressure when I see billions of unread emails and I feel I have to drop everything that's not urgent to deal with them. But it's that very pressure that makes me competent at my job. I say, bring on the email...

 blog it

No comments: