Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Monday, March 31, 2008

Is Social Networking/Media for Entertainers?

clipped from www.chrisbrogan.com

Social Media Starter Moves for Entertainers

For Entertainers

Musicians and comics know that MySpace is a viable place to meet new audiences, build community, and promote your performances. Dane Cook made a good chunk of his career’s launch off MySpace’s mechanisms. Facebook isn’t as effective for performers, but I know that more folks are coming over to try it out. Twitter? It’s not exactly teeming with celebrities, but savvy folks like Grace are trying it out, so we’ll see how that turns out. My advice?

  • Do this social media yourself. Don’t use an assistant.
  • Communicate two-way. Just blurting out your calendar isn’t going to win you friends.
  • Be just as much about other people as you are yourself.
  • Give us peeks behind the scenes.
  • Share a little something.
  • Don’t get lost in all this stuff, as your real product is your performances.
  •  blog it

    No comments: