Welcome! And Thank you for stopping by.



Are you thinking: "What is this blog all about?"
I am glad you asked.


As a professional reader, I spend my days reading the Internet. When I find something of interest I share it here. If you like the information presented here, please subscribe to my blog.

If you would like a customized report delivered directly to you, please subscribe to The Data Digger service. A subscription to The Data Digger service will save you hours of time researching. You will be satisfied you have the information you need and you will have more time to focus on other priorities.

I hope you enjoy the information shared here.

Wishing you a productive day,
Lara Nieberding
Professional Reader



Friday, March 21, 2008

Taming the Inbox is possible

clipped from www.chrisbrogan.com

How I Tamed My Inbox

You’ll Need

  • An archive folder (in Gmail, this is a button. On other systems, you need somewhere to store stuff, in case you need to search for details later).
  • A calendaring software. I use Google Calendar.
  • A project tracking software. I use Things for Mac. You could use anything lets you group projects into contexts.
  • A file folder structure (online at least, and maybe mirrored in the real world - hat tip to my hero,Get it Done Guy, for this).
  • Two processes: sorting when mail comes in, and reviewing your projects regularly.

  • Processing incoming mail.
  • Using the Calendar.
  • Project Structure.
  • Consistent Review.

Process step 1- If it’s not a “right away” answer, sort it into a project area. I’m calling “project areas” out by context. In Getting Things Done, David Allen uses physical context, like @computer, @phone, @mall. In my case, I’ve used the following project contexts:

Family/Home
Commitments
Projects
Blogging
Personal
Research
 blog it

No comments: